My Natural Hair Journey 05


Sooo... after about four to five years of being natural, I settled into natural hair living.

I started re-using the same products over and over and over.

One of the products that has been with me from the beginning is ECO Styling Gel .

Although these days, I apply much smaller amounts of gel, I still love it.

I settled into a Natural Hair Routine that goes like this:

-Once a week I wash my hair.  ...usually Thursday or Friday.

-My wash day routine looks like this:

  -Wash with Isoplus Neutralizing Shampoo

  - Condition with TRESemme Flawless Curls Curl Hydrating Conditioner

  -Sometimes I add Baking Soda during the wash or condition phase of washing my hair (meaning I simple add a couple of handfuls of baking soda to my hair and mix with EITHER the shampoo OR the conditioner)

  -Sometimes I add castor oil OR olive oil to the conditioning phase of washing my hair (I just pour some through my hair at the scalp and massage in then add conditioner)

My Styling Routine consists of:

-Sectioning my hair into about 8-12 flat twist.  I usually make a small middle part with a comb and flat twist two on each side.

-I do not use a comb to make anymore parts in my hair.  I section the rest of my hair with my fingers.

-I apply the products that I use for that particular wash day to each flat twist


My Styling Products currently include:

ORS Monoi Oil Leave In Conditioner
My Homemade Butter
ECO Styler Gel
Some type of Oil such as olive, castor or apricot

First I apply oil concentrating on the ends of my hair.  Then I apply the ORS Monoi Oil leave in. Then I apply a little gel and sometimes I will go over all that with more oil.

I usually let my hair air dry but when I can, I sit under the hooded dryer.  The hooded dryer creates a shinier look on my hair.

I untwist my hair with my homemade butter.  I will give you the basic recipe for my homemade butter in my next Natural Hair Journey post!

Thanks for following along!

Share your natural hair routine with me in the comment section below!

Psalm 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Follow the Journey!
My Natural Hair Journey 01
My Natural Hair Journey 02
My Natural Hair Journey 03
My Natural Hair Journey 04
My Natural Hair Journey 05
My Natural Hair Journey 06
My Natural Hair Journey 07
My Natural Hair Journey 08
My Natural Hair Journey 09
My Natural Hair Journey 10

Become a subscriber to the Good Artbox!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs