My Natural Hair Journey 06

I started making my own natural hair butter back in 2011.
To this day, I still make my own natural hair butter.

One of the reasons that I created my own hair butter was to combat dryness from having color treated hair.

I follow a very simple recipe.

Although the recipe is simple, making your own hair butter takes time and concentration.

I start with Shea Butter.  Sometimes I use the white shea butter, but most of the time I use the yellow.

Because I have been doing this for so long, I eyeball the measurements.  That just means I look at the amount of each product and decide while making how much I will add.

But the main ingredient is always the shea butter.  The main ingredient means that it has more of that particular product than any of the others.  So in the case of this natural hair butter recipe it has mostly shea butter.


For this batch, I used white shea butter.  You can use any shea butter that you like to make your own hair butter.
One other thing that I have found is you can pretty much mix any variation of oils nicely with shea butter and get good results.

The instructions below are to be attempted at your own risk as this procedure involves very hot oil.

My Natural Hair Butter Recipe
Shea Butter
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Coconut oil
Jojoba oil
Avocado oil
Apricot oil
Vitamin E oil

Melt the shea butter in a Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl

I use a very large pot and add water to the pot NOT the mixing bowl.
I put the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl on top of the pot.
I then add the Shea Butter.

Then turn the stove on to medium to high heat.

It is best to let the shea butter melt slowly by using medium heat.  But high heat works too just watch closely.

I then add the other oils listed. As you go down the list, add less and less of that product.

I stir with a stainless steel spoon.

Now, when you remove this melted mixture, remove with cloth covered (pot holders) hands.  Also have a nice white clean towel on the counter to put it on.

The towel will absorb the water from the pot.

You do not want the water to get into the mixture.

Let cool for about 20 minutes or so.

Then cover the mixture with a lid or tin foil.

Place mixture in the freezer.

Yes, the freezer.

Let it stay in there for about 1- 3 hours depending on your schedule and depending how well the mixture settles.

Take out of freezer.

Let sit out for a few minutes to kind of thaw out.

Take a hand mixer and start mixing the natural hair butter.

Mixing it will cause it to fluff up.

Hopefully it will fluff up a lot for you!


If you like you could put back in the freezer for a few and remix the product.

If not, scoop out the product with a clean stainless steel spoon and put into clean jars.

Enjoy your very own Natural hair Butter!!

Have you ever made your own hair butter?

But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. -Matthew 25:4

Follow the Journey!
My Natural Hair Journey 01
My Natural Hair Journey 02
My Natural Hair Journey 03
My Natural Hair Journey 04
My Natural Hair Journey 05
My Natural Hair Journey 06
My Natural Hair Journey 07
My Natural Hair Journey 08
My Natural Hair Journey 09
My Natural Hair Journey 10

Become a subscriber to the Good Artbox!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs