Day 2 - Love really is all that

I am certain that it is not until you are in a position that you are called to exercise longsuffering that this text can ever really be understood.

I mean who doesn't like when someone forgives them.  Who doesn't like when someone forgives their debts?

But it's a totally different story when it is you that has to forgive someone.  You know when you are the one that has to forgive a debt.  Life looks pretty humbling on the other side of this verse.

I say humbling because love is humble.  It doesn't vaunt itself and it showly  ain't puffed up.

Love is quiet and it's humble.  It gives without any hidden agendas.  So you know that love can only come from One Source.  God is love. -1 John 4:8

And what about being kind to the one or one's that are unkind to you?  It is so easy to read and recite and dare I say write about love.

But that's what love looks like folks. ...it is somewhere suffering long with someone and hoping for the best.

Yes, love is somewhere being kind to those who are mean.  That's what love looks like.

And isn't God full of love to impart His love to us to give love.

That's what love looks like...giving, enduring and bearing.

Give more love than you exact.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity,

I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. -1 Corinthians 13

For all the 31 Days of Drawing His Holy Word post, click here.

Become a subscriber to Good Art Box!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs