My Natural Hair Journey 07

One of the things that really concerned me after I big chopped was hair growth.
I can't stress enough the importance of your diet not only for natural hair growth but also just because you are a woman.

And when I say diet, I don't mean something that you are on for 2 months.

Your diet is what you eat regularly.

So every time I mention the word diet in this post or on this blog, I am talking about how you eat daily.

So yeah.  Your diet is your lifestyle.

And after knowing that God makes your hair grow...period, the next thing to consider when trying to grow out your hair is your diet.

What are you eating on the day to day.  ...that's what one must take into account before even considering buying anybody's products.

I am a vegetarian.

I eat lots of vegetables.  I eat kale just about every. single. day.  I eat a lot of bananas via smoothies as well as other fruits like strawberries, berries and mangos.

I eat a lot of salads and legumes regularly.


Here are a few easy ways to increase your vegetable and fruit intake:

1. Make taco salads at home. I used to eat at Moe's and Chipotle a lot, but lately I have been home making my own kind of burritos turned taco salads.

For a Taco Salad you will need:
Corn Chips or Tortillia Chips
Beans (Black or Pinto)
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Black Olives
Green Olives
Cucumbers
Cilantro
Daiya Cheese
Tofutti Sour Cream
Salsa.

2. Eat a healthy breakfast such as fruit and oatmeal.

3. Have a vegetarian sub and get all the veggie's.

4. Order a vegetarian pizza and get all the veggies and add pineapples.

5. Add kale to your salads and to your smoothies.

6.  Make a kale salad:
    Kale
    Avocado
    Lemon Juice from a real lemon
    Sea Salt

7. Freeze your bananas as you see them getting very ripe.  Use frozen bananas with other frozen fruit to make a smoothie.

8.  Drink Almond Milk or Cashew milk or Coconut milk.

Of course, exercise and drinking water are essential to your health and overall well being as well.

What are some healthy things that you do to maintain a healthy lifestyle?

Let me know in the comment section below!

Follow the Journey!
My Natural Hair Journey 01
My Natural Hair Journey 02
My Natural Hair Journey 03
My Natural Hair Journey 04
My Natural Hair Journey 05
My Natural Hair Journey 06
My Natural Hair Journey 07
My Natural Hair Journey 08
My Natural Hair Journey 09
My Natural Hair Journey 10

3 John 1:2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Become a subscriber to the Good Artbox!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs