5 uses for those little notebooks that you see at the store



How are you doing? Good, I hope.

Do you ever see those miniature notebooks at the store?  They are located in the stationery section.

I pick them up all the time at Dollar General.  Shout out to Dollar General for making pretty notebooks under three bucks.

And shout out to all the craft stores that have the dollar bin with cool cute little notebooks too!

I love little notebooks.
I have so many that have been filled in with schedules, things to do lists and goals and visions and inspirational quotes and bible verses.

I keep saying that one day I am going to compile all of them and make a book out of them.

From my quiet time with the Lord in the morning, I will write out a scripture (from the Bible) at the top of the days to do list (in the little notebook).

Also one of the little notebooks that I have has quotes from a successful businessman's book.  Each day that I read his book I would write something encouraging that he said.

I am going to make some little notebooks one day and sell them.

Anyway, if you ever wonder what could you possibly put in a little notebook, I have that all worked out for you.  I list five cool things that you can do today in your little notebook.

Oh and I decided to post some photos from my Instagram over the past year throughout this post of  my collection of little notebooks . ...yeah, it's kinda serious this thing with little notebooks.

So here it goes:

1. Things to do list - All kinds of Lists
Write out your things to do lists in little notebooks.  Little notebooks slip easily into your purse and are easy to carry around the grocery store.

They are also great (and small enough) for checking off stuff as you complete it.  And if you have to write out a bunch of thank you notes, you can make your list of names and check each person off the list as you complete each persons card.

2. Write down scriptures.
Sometimes at the top of my things to do list, I will write a scripture that I found in the Bible that morning.  As I check my list for what's next, I will see the verse and can start the process of committing this verse to memory.

I also jot down the verse on its own page sometimes putting up to five or six verses on the page depending on how large or how small that I write that day.

3. Write down business inspiration.
There is so much business information and inspiration out there that it is good to have one place that you can make a quick reference to when needed.

And that is where the little notebook comes in, just jot down the inspiration in your little notebook and slip it into your purse and refer to as needed.

4. Goals - Write your goals in a little notebook
Using your little notebook to write down your goals is like having a pocket sized vision board.  Look at it like you are carrying your vision board with you.

Write your goals down.

Remember that you can have a goal for your house or yourself. ...like your goal could be to wash all the bathroom rugs in the house on Tuesday.  Writing down that simple goal will help you to remember when Tuesday rolls around to wash up those rugs.

When I started Brown Sack Crochet, I bought a little notebook for all my crochet goals and notes. You can see the actual post here.

5. Doodles
So like who doesn't love to doodle? Everyone needs a little notebook to doodle.

Doodling is good therapy.  It is a focused creative art form.  Doodle hearts and flowers and stuff.

Practice faux calligraphy in a little notebook.  I tell you how to do faux calligraphy here.

And shout out to Ashley for the stock photo.  Apparently she likes little notebooks too!

I use little notebooks because I like to write with pen and paper.

What about you?  Do you like to use pen and paper? Let me know in the comment section below.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Become a subscriber to the Good Artbox!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs